1. Who can submit?
Only students who are currently enrolled in any courses at College of the Canyons may submit to cul-de-sac.
2. How many submissions may I submit?
Students are allowed to submit up to 8 pieces total.
3. Is there any way to upload multiple submissions at once?
Unfortunately our server is only capable of receiving one submission at a time.
4. What is the maximum size that my submission can be?
Submissions should be no larger than 9MB.
5. Which format should my submission(s) be in?
- Poetry, fiction, and creative non-fiction should be submitted in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, .wdp,
.txt, or .rtf. Please do not submit .PDF's.
- Art and photos should be submitted in .jpeg, .png, .tif, .bmp with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi. If you are
submitting a 3D artwork, please submit pictures from multiple angles.
- For music submissions, if file is under 9MB upload mp3 or mp4 through submission form. If above
9MB provide download link or soundcloud link in word document or through email.
6. When I submit my work, what exactly am I agreeing to?
If your work is selected, minor edits (punctuation, grammar, etc.) will be made without your consent, but any
significant editing must be approved by you before we publish the work. Please let us know of any stylistic or
intentional decisions you’ve made about your piece that you would not want us to alter. If your work is heavily
influenced by others, please make it clear.
7. Do I lose the rights to my work once I submit?
to edit, reproduce, digitize, broadcast and display it in our magazine and on campus.
8. Why do you ask that I remove my name from my submitted documents?
We ask that students remove any identifying information from their submissions so that they can be presented
to our panels anonymously and judged in an unbiased manner.
9. If my submission is selected, will it be published with my name?
Yes, all artists and writers who are chosen to be published will have their names attached to their work.
10. Who judges the submissions?
Submissions are judged by genre-specific boards made up of students who are currently enrolled in our
Literary Magazine Production course (English 122).
11. When is the submission deadline?
The final day of submissions is Saturday, April 7, 2018 by 11:59p.m.
12. When will the magazine be released?
The newest edition of cul-de-sac will be released at a party on campus in Pico Canyon Hall 101. The date will
be Friday May 25 from 5-7 pm in Pico Hall 101.
13. How much does cul-de-sac cost?
Each issue of cul-de-sac is available for a suggested donation of $5 or more.
14. How do I become involved with the production of cul-de-sac?
Enroll in our Literary Magazine Production course (English 122), which is offered every spring semester.
If you have any further questions please contact us at: email@example.com